10 Qualities of a Great Manager
How many of the key qualities of a great manager do you possess?
Below are 10 of the most sought after qualities that make up a great management person. Taking each one at face value, they are very reasonable to attain. What is interesting is the fact that good managers are almost as hard to find as good employees these days.
These qualities are not ranked in any certain order:
1. They care about the success of their team. It is not about them; their success is based on their team’s success.
2. They are always looking for those they can train up to become their successor when they leave.
3. They possess great decision-making skills. They think things through and search for the best direction, keeping all persons in mind.
4. They have a passion for creating a positive work environment for the team as a whole.
5. They realize that they are as human as their teammates and therefore have weaknesses and faults.
6. They have a vision of what their team is able to accomplish, and seek to complete it.
7. They are the gate-keeper and protector of their team.
8. They are flexible. They realize that sometimes plan 2 or 3 may need to become plan 1. S**T happens and they immediately move their team through it instead of wading in it.
9 They possess good communication skills. To be understood and to have understanding are key points to creating the connection with them and their team members.
10. They display ethics, integrity, and live by the Golden Rule. They walk the talk and inspire their team members to be great!
I am sure there are many more qualities that great managers possess, please leave a comment and let me know what other qualities you think great managers should possess.
Tina Del Buono, PMAC on
May 25th, 2015 8:00 am
Filed under Employee Management, Leadership, Manager Topics, Medical Practice Management, office management . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.