5 Positive Practices
“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” ~ W. Clement Stone
I’m sure we all have been around people with positive and negative attitudes. Which do you prefer to hang out with?
We are not always going to have a “Positive Attitude” when we wake up in the morning or if we do there are things that can come up during our day (and most likely will) to change our good attitude very quickly.
If we know this then we can be prepared to get our positive attitude back and get going on the right track with just a little effort on our part. Below are five things that we can do to help us stay on the positive attitude side.
- Look for opportunities to do something for others. It doesn’t have to be anything big, maybe just offering to get your coworker a cup of coffee as you go to refill your cup. Or offering to clean up after a meal for your spouse. When we are kind and helpful, we feel good, and our attitudes become good.
- Thinking about what “is good today,” make a mental list of the good things in your life. Or what can you do today even if it is small, to move the needle closer to your goals? Focus on what is good, what good you did do not what did not go well.
- Hang out with the happy people. There is no better medicine for a negative attitude than to drown it out with happy people with positive attitudes. Find ways that you can make others happy as well.
- Take time for “self-care.” Steal 15 minutes for meditation and relaxation. Hide away in a quiet spot and sip a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the quiet. Make time to read your favorite type of book even if it is one chapter a day, or listen to your favorite music, just sit and listen or maybe dance.
- Along with self-care, practice positive self-talk. Describe yourself by using positive words only. This is a great exercise and really gets your mind thinking about who you are and who you want to be.
Whatever our situation is on a moment-to-moment basis we must remember that we have the choice to choose our attitude. It may not be easy to always choose a positive one, but you do have the power to change it.
Happy Thursday to you all!
on Feb 24th, 2022
Filed under Goal Management, Happiness, Health Benefits, Leadership, Manager Topics, Medical Staff, Motivational, office management, Physician/Owner, Problem Solving, Self-improvement, Self-motivation . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.