Good Business Moves
I went into our local dry cleaners the other day. The clerk walked up to the counter asked my name, counted my clothing items, took my money and never once did I see her eyes.
If your business has customers, then you are in the customer service business. Each encounter with a customer or potential customer is important; you must make sure you are really all there throughout the entire encounter.
You may be there physically, but what about being there personally, emotionally, and connectively? I am sure you have had encounters, like the one I had at the dry cleaners, where you felt like the person you were dealing with was checked out and just going through the motions, not really caring about you as a customer.
As a customer you feel distant, disconnected and desolate. With encounters like this, you may consider never using that business again.
Great customer service requires you to be there, in the moment, for that customer, during the encounter from start to finish. What is it that you need to do in order to accomplish this?
1. Show sincere interest in the customer.
2. Take time to listen and be ready with answers and solutions.
3. Communication must be clear, concise, and to the point.
4. Be prepared and organized for their transaction and questions.
5. Be stimulating, fun and move through the encounter in a positive way.
6. Thank them for their business and let them know that you appreciate that they have chosen to do business with your company.
Think about your favorite places to do business with, they probably do several of the items listed above. That is why you keep going back.
Take those same things that you really appreciate as a customer and give it back to your customers, but take it to the next level and watch how much your customers appreciate you.
on Jul 24th, 2017
Filed under Business Improvement, Business Owner, Customer Service, Employee Training . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.