Keeping Your Positive Attitude Charged
I have been blessed with a wonderful Aunt who has the most amazing positive attitude I have ever witnessed in a person, and anyone who has met her will tell you the same thing. I have had the privilege of being able to spend quite a bit of time with her over the past few years and each time I visit with her I come away with another pearl that I can apply to my life that I have seen in hers. I would like to share a couple of these golden nuggets with you as it would be selfish to keep them to myself.
1. No matter what goes wrong she remains calm (amazing). We know this is not an easy thing to do, especially for those of us who like to control our situations and “make” things happen. She will say, “this is the way it was meant to be” and leave it at that, she does not get shaken-up she just moves forward from that point. You can think clearer if you remain calm, your mind works much better this way in being able to see what needs to be done next.
2. You will never see her play the “blame game” about anything even when it is justified. She will always focus on the positive. There is always something good in a bad situation, just look for it. You will never hear her use a “losers language” or get sucked into negativity, she just doesn’t allow it in her life. She not only thinks positive things, but she always says positive things, even when it is to correct someone, she says it in a way that it is received positively. This is a quality for each of us to strive for, people respond so much better when we can communicate with positive words even when we need to say something negative, there is a positive way to say it.
My Aunt worked for the Federal Government in D.C. for almost 36 years, through many different presidential administrations from Nixon to the last Bush, amazing….yes…and she still shines. When she retired her staff was so sad, which does not surprise me, the sunshine and positivity she brought to the office would be terribly missed.
Working with a leader who has such a positive attitude is so motivating, their attitude becomes infectious to those they work with. Her team loved working with her, it was a joy for them to come to work each day and work hard as a team together. She appreciated all with whom she worked, gave them thanks daily and truly cared about their lives, (and has continued to do so in her retirement)
We need more people like this in our workplaces and lives. We can do this by each of us learning to develop a good healthy positive attitude ourselves. Not only will we be people who people want to work with, we personally will be happier people and life is too short not to want that. There is no magic that will make a positive attitude happen over night it takes practice everyday. So what are a few of the secrets to keep such a positive attitude charged each day?
* Think positive things.
* Laugh often
* Believe in yourself
* Care about others
* Learn new things
* Develop a happy, healthy environment
* Know that things will not always go as planned, and that is okay
* Look for the silver lining
* Did I say Laugh a lot? (this is an important one)
* If your battery is dead you will not be able to charge anyone else’s battery, keep yours charged!
Nov 14th, 2014 8:00 am
Filed under Customer Service, Employee Management, Employee Training, Happiness, Health Benefits, Motivational, Self-improvement . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Tags: being positive at work, charge your attitude, having a positive attitude, how to get a positive attitude, motivate others with your attitude, people like people with positive attitudes, seeing things in a positive light
Comments are closed.